Itiner·Art - Conoscere San Cataldo
Piazza Papa Giovanni XXIII, 2 93017 San Cataldo, Sicilia Italia
Tel: 0039 0934 511200
Chiudi Indicazioni
Menu

Back to the itinerary

Furca Quarter

Furca Quarter

The boundary walls included the actual area of Regina Elena street, Bellomo street and Roma street. The artificial caves are proof of the existence of a necropolis.

The palace owned by Fiumesalato's barony stands on the highest point of the town. Although it was the emblem of the power of the family, it did not use to stop there during their short stay as they prefered the palace in Caltanissetta. The boundary walls included the actual area of Regina Elena street, Bellomo street and Roma street.

Audio Guide
Save to favourite Remove from favourite View Itinerary
Share
Add a photo
The photo has been correctly added and is under review by the Itinerart staff.

Today no trace of the palace remains, except some elements concerning the warehouse. The artificial caves are proof of the existence of a necropolis.

Furca Quarter

Via Santangelo, 93017 San Cataldo (CL)
0.9 Km
da Chiesa di San Giuseppe

Other Waypoints for Centro Storico View Itinerary

a

The Clock Tower

In 1780 the clock was installed but in 1959 the tower was demolished. The strategic location of the tower is perfect for the observer who wants to have an overview of the town.

b

Our Lady of the Chian's Church

The church was built in 1849. It was opened in 1868; its exterior style is simple, the facade was restored during 1950s.

c

The Calvary

The actual structure is unique of its kind, with a central body and two semicircular side wings. It has eighteen panels representing fourteen of the stations of Via Crucis and four of Via Lucis.

d

St. Joseph's Church

The facade was inspired by Renaissance canons. The cement statues of st. Joseph and Christ the King were placed in 1930. The interior of the church has a barrel vault decorated with stucco.

e

Furca Quarter

The boundary walls included the actual area of Regina Elena street, Bellomo street and Roma street. The artificial caves are proof of the existence of a necropolis.

f

Mother Church

The church was opened in 1620, wanted by baron Nicolò Galletti. The structure was built partly on calcareous rock and partly on the ground.

g

Our Lady of Mercy's Church

The construction of the church dates back to the 1600s. In 1968 the church was opened. In 2014 it was restored again.

h

Galletti's Palace

Galletti's Palace was built during the 19th century and it is situated in the old main street. It consisted of two bodies in different levels linked up by a ramp, but today only the upper body remains.

i

Soul's in Purgatory's Church

During the second half of 18th century the parish was managed by Our Lord of Misteries' confraternity until 1820, then the building went to ruin and twenty years later it was rebuilt

l

St. Lucy's Church

During the first half of the 19th century the church was completely in ruins so in 1860 it was rebuilt and dedicated to Our Lady of Providence.

m

Our Lady of the Rosary's Church

The church has a bell tower and a clock was installed in 1890. The church has the nave and a barrel vault decorated with stucco works by Calogero Seste.

n

Cannoli Square

Seventeenth-century fountain built by the Galletti family, in order to supply the area of the town with water.

ItinerArt - Conoscere San Cataldo
© ItinerArt | Credits: Fog Comunicazione.